The Food Bank is open
Tuesday and Friday, 2 - 4 pm
The Food Bank at First Presbyterian Strasburg supports basic nutritional needs of families and individuals in and around Strasburg.
If you are new to the Food Bank, you will be asked to complete a brief intake form providing contact information. The pantry will provide a reusable tote bag, which we ask you to bring whenever you shop. Shoppers may select their own items. In addition to groceries, we now offer dairy products, bread, personal care items, paper goods, and, on occasion, meat and other useful items.
Please consider supporting this ministry through donations of food, money, and/or time.
- Food donations can be deposited in the labeled box near the Welcome Desk. If you need help to unload items from your car, please call ahead, 717-687-6030. If you are able to donate perishable items such as eggs, meat, or produce, please call the church office (717.687-6030) or email firstname.lastname@example.org first to discuss your donation.
- Place monetary donations in an envelope marked “Food Bank” (pre-labeled envelopes are available in the pews, or use one of your own). These can be placed in the offering plate during worship or delivered to the church office. Checks should be made out to First Presbyterian Church of Strasburg, with “Food Bank” written in the memo line.
- To volunteer your time, please contact the church office at 717-687-6030 or email email@example.com. Volunteers are needed to shop, sort and stock food, fill bags, monitor expiration dates, and help clients.
These resources may be useful for creating meals from items commonly found at the Food Bank:
First Presbyterian Church of Strasburg
Community Food Bank
You may drop off items any time the church is open, Please place donations in the bins designated for the Food Bank, located near the Welcome Desk. THANK YOU.
- We can only accept items that have not reached their expiration date.
- The items with an asterisk (*) below are often in short supply.
- Peanut Butter *
- Canned meat (Spam*, tuna, chicken*, stew*, hash, chili)
- Pancake Mix *
- Syrup *
- Jelly *
Grains, carbs, misc
- Rice (box, bag, pouch)
- Pasta (bag or box)
- Canned pasta *
- Helper (any kind)
- Macaroni and cheese
Fruits and Vegetables
- Canned vegetables
- Canned fruits* and applesauce *
- Potatoes, white or sweet, can or box
- Pasta sauce *
- Canned tomatoes
- Beans, canned or bag
Food snacks for children (Jello-O box, pudding, crackers, chips, raisins, granola bars, individual cups of Jell-O, fruit, or applesauce)
If you are able to donate perishable items such as eggs, meat, or produce, please call the church office (717.687-6030) or email firstname.lastname@example.org first to discuss your donation.
Paper and Personal items
- Paper towels (individually wrapped)
- Toilet paper (singles or packages of four)
- Facial Tissue