Worship is at the heart of FPCS. We welcome everyone to join us to Worship and Glorify our Lord and Savior! If you can’t join us in person, all worship services are streamed live.
- 8:30 a.m. Classic Worship Service (traditional order of worship, along with old and new hymns)
- 9:30 a.m. Coffee Hour in Fellowship Hall
- 10:00 a.m. Sunday School – for all ages!
- 11:00 a.m. Modern Worship Service (contemporary worship music)
- Click HERE for this week’s bulletin
Children’s Church and nursery are available for both services.
During worship, we:
- Welcome everyone to praise and glorify God
- Share the Good News of God’s love in Jesus Christ
- Call people to respond to God with lives of grateful discipleship
A large part of worship is music:
- The Chancel Choir sings anthems during the Classic Worship services (September through June) and for some special services. They rehearse on Thursday evenings from 7:00 – 8:10 p.m. We recently installed a new pipe organ—come early to the Classic Worship service to enjoy the prelude!
- Our Praise Team leads the congregation in singing contemporary praise and worship songs during our Modern Worship service and for some special services. They rehearse on Sundays at 9:45 a.m.
- Each Sunday, children sing praise to God during Sunday School and Children’s Church. They share the miracle of Jesus’ birth through music and costume during our family Christmas Eve service.
- Guest musicians join us several times throughout the year.
Are children joining you? Wonderful! Nursery care is available. For kids K-5th grades, we offer Children’s Church during the sermon (teachers accompany them to their classroom right after the Children’s Message). Children and babies can also stay with you throughout the service and activity bags are available. Between services, we offer Sunday School for all ages. All volunteers working with babies, children and youth go through background and criminal checks.
Communion at FPCS: We practice open communion—if you consider yourself a disciple in Jesus Christ, you are welcome to take communion, no matter your denomination or lack thereof. The Sacrament of the Lord’s Supper is celebrated on the first Sunday of each month, World Communion Sunday, and other occasions throughout the church year. The elements are bread and grape juice, with gluten-free bread also available.
We conduct special services on other days throughout the church year, such as: Christmas Eve, Wednesdays during Lent, Maundy Thursday, and Good Friday. We also participate in the Strasburg Ministerium’s annual Community Worship Service.