Our food bank ministry was established in the early 1980’s to meet the food needs of our community. Please click on one of these links to learn more:
• Food Bank operating hours / policies
• Support the Food Bank program
• Feeding yourself and your family on a budget - resources
New Food Bank Hours
The food bank is available:
Tuesdays 9am - 12 noon
Wednesdays 1 - 4pm
Thursdays 9am - 12 noon
If you are new to the food bank, you will be asked to complete a brief intake form. As we serve numerous clients in the area, we are only able to offer food packages two times per month per family. In addition to groceries, we have a list of resources and easy, thrifty recipes that you may find useful.
Support the Food Bank program
Please consider supporting this ministry through donations of food, money and/or time.
- Food donations can be delivered to the labeled box in front of the food bank closet (near the library), or placed in the shopping cart in Fellowship Hall. For a list of requested items that are routinely provided in our food bags, click here.
- Monetary donations in an envelope marked “Food Bank” (pre-labeled envelopes are available in the pews) can be placed in the offering plate during worship or delivered to the church office. Checks should be made out to First Presbyterian Church of Strasburg, with “food bank” written on the memo line.
- To volunteer your time, please contact the church office. Volunteers are needed to shop, sort, and stock food; fill bags; and help clients.