The Food Bank
is operating on modified hours until further notice.
Now open Tuesdays and Fridays from 2-4pm.
Our food bank ministry was established in the early 1980’s to meet the food needs of our community. Please click on one of these links to learn more: Food Bank Hours The food bank is available: Tuesdays and Fridays 2pm - 4pm. If you are new to the food bank, you will be asked to complete a brief intake form. As we serve numerous clients in the area, we are only able to offer food packages two times per month per family. In addition to groceries, we have a list of resources and easy, thrifty recipes that you may find useful. Support the Food Bank program Please consider supporting this ministry through donations of food, money and/or time.
- Food donations can be delivered to the labeled box in front of the food bank closet (near the library), or placed in the shopping cart in Fellowship Hall. For a list of requested items that are routinely provided in our food bags, click here.
- Monetary donations in an envelope marked “Food Bank” (pre-labeled envelopes are available in the pews) can be placed in the offering plate during worship or delivered to the church office. Checks should be made out to First Presbyterian Church of Strasburg, with “food bank” written on the memo line.
- To volunteer your time, please contact the church office. Volunteers are needed to shop, sort, and stock food; fill bags; and help clients.
- Items typically stocked in our food bags
- Good and Cheap: Eat Well on $4/day (ebook PDF) Recipes and tips to fit the budgets of people living on SNAP.
- USDA Food and Nutrition Service Meal Planning, Shopping and Budgeting.
- Healthy Eating on a Budget / ChooseMyPlate.Gov Learn how to find the best deals on food, try new low-cost recipes, and create budget-conscious 2-week menu plans.
- Meeting Your MyPlate Goals on a Budget (PDF) Guide to healthy eating on a budget, with extensive recipes, menu plans and shopping tips.